Razor Thorn Security’s head honcho James Rees has worked specialising in Information Security and consultancy for fourteen years, delivering quality advice to some of the largest and most influential organisations in the world.
A recognized leader in his field he regularly blogs, writes articles and communicates to the business leaders of the world on the importance of information security in the modern business environment.
High quality delivery
During his fourteen years in Information Security, James has had the privilege of working with many of the top global companies from a wide range of industry sectors, from complex financial institutions to cutting edge research and development organisations.
James has helped companies of all sizes become more aware of the increasing dependence that modern society has on its technology, as well as helping those same companies to protect their business critical assets, through effective management of risks and threat to an organisations well-being in a cost effective, realistic and proactive method.
James is an expert at ensuring that both business need and secure information technology requirements work in unison, to create a solid security infrastructure that effectively protects the business rather than restricting innovation and stifling potential revenue streams. Every project James has undertaken to date has ensured maximum business security with minimum impact to business evolution.
Extensive personnel and project management experience
James has managed and coordinated teams of up to 50 individuals to develop and create working information security solutions to some of the most complex, sensitive and difficult security problems in the industry today.
His communication and client facing abilities means that he is able to relate and translate information to a technical and non-technical audience at all levels, James is equally comfortable communicating risks to board level executives or working alongside an organisation’s technical department to deliver security advice on highly technical infrastructure.
Writer & Strategist
James is a published journalist and gives regular commentary contributor in the field of Information Security. When not engaged by clients James develops cyber warfare strategies, writes articles for a number of leading publications and He is currently writing a book on the subject of cyber warfare.
- PCI DSS QSA: PCI DSS Qualified Security Assessor
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
- Certified in numerous security technologies
- Part of the development board for the Cyber Security Forum Initiative (CSFI) developing Cyber warfare strategy in collusion with members of the US Military
- Active member of the International Cyber Crimes Task Force
- Experience in ISO27001 and PCI DSS compliance advisories and assistance in implementation as well as full audits
- PCI DSS advisories
- Trusted advisor to multiple organisations
- Outsourced information security for organisations of all sizes
- Threat and Risk management
- Expert in digital intelligence
- Information security project management